During the course of the year, you will have the chance to participate in rolling projects across various aspects of Bitprop’s operations.
Job position overview
If you are in 2nd-4th year of your studies and you are interested in what Bitprop does, we invite you to apply to be part of our internship pool. During the course of the year, you will have the chance to participate in rolling projects across various aspects of Bitprop’s operations, collaborating with fellow interns and the Bitprop team to solve problems, implement strategies and roll out campaigns.
We understand that as a student, your studies come first, and are flexible in scheduling projects so that you are best able to participate. Projects will run for finite periods, which will be agreed to beforehand. This is an excellent opportunity for you to hone your skills, gain work experience and open up possibilities for future full-time work at Bitprop. Projects will require a combination of in-person and remote work and you should be based in Cape Town and available to come in to Bitprop’s office in Kloof Street when required.
- Manage or participate on projects in company-wide or area-specific topics that run for a limited timeframe
- Assume responsibility for some or all project deliverables
- Report on and present project results
- Conduct market research (desk and field research) on topics such as ‘the environmental impact of unregulated backyard developments in Cape Town’
- Collaborate with other interns and the Bitprop team to solve problems and implement new systems, strategies and campaigns
- Work on role-specific projects relevant to your area of study, such as the following example for an architecture student:
Work in Bitprop’s Architectural Team to produce architectural drawings and submit to council and to our construction teams. You will also have the opportunity to work on Bitprop’s standard design and various other research and development initiatives that aim to improve our design efficiency, attractiveness and ecological footprint over time.
Qualifications and experience required
- Student in 2nd-4th year studying a field relevant to Bitprop (business/marketing/architecture/construction/project management/finance/etc.)
- Able to commit x hours in a 3 month period to working on projects that are scheduled according to university timetables
- Good communication skills
- Very organised and have a high capacity for administration
- Ability to manage multiple schedules and tasks at once
- Able to think on the spot and make informed decisions without consultation when required
- Self-driven and comfortable in a high-paced but flexible work environment
- Based in Cape Town and can travel to our office in the CBD